Cacao Powder is not only the purest form of chocolate, it also has the highest concentration of antioxidants of any known food.
The magic of Cacao Powder is its Flavanols, a plant-based antioxidant that can reduce fatigue, while improving heart health and cognitive function.
NUA Naturals Cacao Powder is certified organic by both the Irish Organic Association and the European Commission. It is sourced ethically and organically from Peru.
There are countless way to incorporate Cacao Powder into your diet. Mix it in a hot or cold drink, bake with it, or sprinkle it over a snack.
How to use Cacao Powder
As with all natural foods, it is best to start small and work up to the recommended daily dosage. We think 1-2 teaspoon daily is plenty. Take a look at some of our favourite ways to use Nua Naturals’ Cacao Powder:
- Mix the cacao with your favourite hot milk (dairy or plant based – our favourite is oat milk), sweeten with a little vanilla essence or cinnamon to taste for a delicious and healthy hot chocolate;
- Do as above but don’t heat the milk, instead pour the mixture over ice for a yummy cold cacao milk or blend it up for a tasty milkshake;
- Blend it into your favourite healthy smoothie to beat those chocolate cravings;
- Get baking (kind of)! The antioxidants can burn away when the powder is overly heated so in order to keep all the good stuff in we prefer no-bake recipes like these raw cacao energy balls that are easy to make and perfect for anyone with a vegan diet! But if energy balls aren’t your thing, our Cacao Powder can be used to make these Vegan Brownies that will go down a treat;
- Try your hand at a Vegan Chocolate Mousse! Perfect to finish off a meal or as a mid-day snack. Throw a ripe avocado, some almond milk, and our Cacao Powder into a processor with some dates to sweeten and blend until its nice and thick;
- Sprinkle Cacao Powder over fruit such as bananas or strawberries to give it a little extra guilt-free sweetness;
- Mix it into a granola mixture to have at the ready for breakfast or lunch over some natural yogurt.
Cacao Powder Nutritional Information (per 100g)
||309 Kcal / 1294 KJ
|− of which sugars
|− of which saturates
||31.25 mg (39% RDA*)
||46.26mg (39% RDA*)
||1437.87mg (180% RDA*)
*Recommended daily allowance
Our Cacao Powder is made from 100% organic Theobroma Cacao, sourced with respect for nature from Peru. It has been certified organic by both the Irish Organic Association and the European Commission (you can identify whether or not products are certified organic by finding the logos on the packaging!). This product is also suitable for our vegetarian and vegan customers to consume.
- This product may contain traces of nuts.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.