Vegan Protein Cookie Dough Dip
- 400g or 1 ⅛ cup Canned Chickpeas – drained with skin removed
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 30g – 1 heaped tbsp NUA Naturals vanilla rice protein powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of oat milk or milk of your choice
- Peel off the skin of each chickpea, it is time consuming but believe me, it makes the dip way better.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor, add peanut butter, maple syrup, salt and oat milk.
- Blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Stop the food processor, scrape the sides and bottom of the food processor bowl with a spatula. Add in protein powder.
- Process again for 30 seconds – 45 seconds or until the dough is smooth. If not, you can scrape down the bowl again and repeat the processing steps in 30-second bursts. If the dough is too thick, add up to 3 tablespoons of milk, always adding 1 at a time, process, taste, and adjust!
- Transfer the cookie dough to a serving bowl and stir in vegan chocolate chips. Note that if you blend the chickpea for a long time the batter may be slightly lukewarm and melt the chips. If so, store the dip for 10 minutes in the fridge before stirring the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Serve immediately as a vegan protein snack with slices of apples, pear to dip in, or eat raw with a spoon.
- Store up to 4 days in the fridge, in an airtight container.
A great vegan protein cookie dough dip to keep you full throughout the day.