Hazelnut Brownie Energy Balls
- 120g dates
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp NUA Naturals cocoa powder
- 75g oats
- 90g hazelnuts
1. Soak the dates in hot water for 10 mins and preheat your oven to 180 fan.
2. Blend the oats to a flour and add to a large bowl along with the cocoa.
3. Place the hazelnuts in the oven and roast until they start to go golden.
4. Add the dates along with 3 tbsp of the water to a blender with the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and peanut butter. Blend until smooth and add to the oats.
5. Mix everything until combined, the mixture should be thick and sticky.
6. Chop the hazelnuts into small pieces. Roll the the mixture into roughly 6/7 balls. Roll in the hazelnuts.
Hazelnut Brownie Energy Balls are ideal for an after dinner treat or to take on a hike. Vegan, low sugar and gluten free.