- Roughly blend the hazelnuts and add half of the coconut flour. Add the remainder of the coconut flour and salt.
- Add the butter and sugar, blend the mixture into a dough
- Line the pie tray with butter. Roll out the dough and place into the tray. Place the mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for approximately 15 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour the frozen cranberries into a saucepan, add the sugar, orange peel and juice.
- Head for approximately 10 minutes. Add the butter and melt into the mixture.
- Lightly beat the 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks, add a little of the cranberry mixture, slightly cooled.
- Add the egg mixture to the remainder of the cranberry sauce.
- Head the mixture until until the cranberry cream almost boils for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Cool to room temperature and pour onto the hazelnut crust
Serve it cooled.
Cranberry Pie is delicious as a dessert, ideal for the festive season.