Chocolate Pecan Blondie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup NUA Naturals Coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with an 8×8 inch piece of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a large bowl beat the melted butter with the brown sugar and caster sugar until well combined. Beat in the egg, vanilla and salt . Mix in the flour and baking powder until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
- You can top it up with more nuts or chocolate chips (this step is optional).
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the top is set and lightly golden. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool.
Chocolate Pecan Blondie is ideal for an afternoon treat or as a delicious dessert.