IngredientsThese chocolate and cherry tarts are delicious little bites of rich chocolate with a sweet fruity layer of cherry chia jam tucked inside. You’ll need rubber cupcake cases or a mini tart tin to make the tarts in.SERVES: Makes 6-8 mini tarts PREP TIME: 2 hours
- 140g ground almonds
- 3 tsp almond butter
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 250g dates
- 2 avocados
- 30g Nua Naturals cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 50g dried cherries
- 30ml water
- 1 tsp Nua Naturals chia seeds
- Nua Naturals cacao nibs
- Coconut cream
- Add all the ingredients for the cherry layer into a Nutribullet or food processor and blitz together for 20 seconds. Set aside and leave to set.
- In a bowl put all the ingredients for the base layer and stir together until they combine. Once the crumbly mixture starts to form use your hands to work the mixture into a dough ball.
- Divide the base dough mixture into 8 equal portions (if you’re weighing them aim for about 38g each). Using your hands flatten each ball into a circle about 2cm thick.
- Press the base into your tart tin or rubber cupcake case. Ensure the sides and base are as even as possible. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all your base mixture is used. Place the bases into the freezer for 30-40 minutes until firm.
- Whilst the bases sets in the freezer, in a food processor put all the ingredients for the filling and blitz together until smooth.
- Once firm, remove the bases from the freezer. Using a teaspoon put a small amount of the cherry chia jam in the bottom of each case, spreading right to the edges.
- On top of the cherry jam spoon the chocolate filling, smoothing down the top with the back of a spoon. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all your cases are filled.
- Put the tarts in the freezer and leave to chill for 1 hour.
- When firm, remove the tarts from the freezer and decorate with cacao nibs and drops of coconut cream.
This recipe was featured on www.theflourishingpantry.com!