Back to School Bars – Nut Free
- 30g Rice Krispies
- 20g NUA Naturals coconut palm sugar
- 50g NUA Naturals berry protein porridge
- 120g porridge oats
- 100g butter melted (we used vegan)
- 100g honey (or other liquid sweetener)
- 50ml water
- 25g dried fruit
- 40g mixed seeds
- 2tbsp NUA Naturals chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a dish with parchment paper. I used a bread pan.
- Add the rice krispies, oats, dried fruit, seeds and sugar to a large bowl and mix. Pour in the honey, melted butter mixture and mix.
- Transfer this mixture into the prepared dish. Take another piece of parchment paper and use that to push down firmly on the mixture. You need to make it as compact as possible in the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, leave to cool and then place in the fridge or freezer for 1 hour. These steps are essential to stop the bars from falling apart.
- Remove from the fridge and lift the parchment paper out of the dish and cut into small bars.
- Keep in the fridge or freezer.
An ideal healthy back to lunch snack, also great to take on picnics and hikes.