Back to School Bars – Nut Free
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a dish with parchment paper. I used a bread pan.
- Add the rice krispies, oats, dried fruit, seeds and sugar to a large bowl and mix. Pour in the honey, melted butter mixture and mix.
- Transfer this mixture into the prepared dish. Take another piece of parchment paper and use that to push down firmly on the mixture. You need to make it as compact as possible in the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, leave to cool and then place in the fridge or freezer for 1 hour. These steps are essential to stop the bars from falling apart.
- Remove from the fridge and lift the parchment paper out of the dish and cut into small bars.
- Keep in the fridge or freezer.
An ideal healthy back to lunch snack, also great to take on picnics and hikes.