What are Spirulina Tablets?
Our Spirulina Tablets are bursting with nutrients such as proteins, minerals, and vitamins. It is one of the world’s oldest and most potent superfood that boasts Vitamins A, B, C, D, and E. Its concentrated nutritional value means it is a richer form of nutrients than most vegetables. Due to its high content of nutrient properties, it is an excellent supplement for vegetarians and/or vegans. Our 100% organic Spirulina Tablets are sourced with respect for nature so you know you’re receiving all the benefits this alga has to offer in the best possible way. It has been shown to improve muscle strength and endurance, alleviate allergy symptoms, boost the immune system, reduce blood pressure, boost metabolism, lower cholesterol levels, and prevent heart disease. Studies have shown it can help to manage diabetes, help to treat anaemia, support mental health, treat chronic poisoning. Early studies of the effects of spirulina indicate that it may have anti-cancer properties and is effective in the bodies fight against the AIDS virus.
Taking Spirulina in tablet form is an effective and convenient way of building it into your daily routine. We recommend taking 2-3 tablets, 3 times a day, and 30 minutes before eating. You shouldn’t exceed 6-10 tablets daily. The best way to consume the Spirulina Tablets is to swallow them with a glass of water, juice, or a smoothie.
Where does Spirulina Tablets come from?
Spirulina (Arthrospira Plantensis) is a blue-green alga that occurs naturally in fresh or salt water. Before harvesting, it looks like a perfect spiral coil of seaweed. It is often found in mineral-rich alkaline lakes which are often found near volcanoes, or tropical and subtropical lakes that have a high pH level. It can grow in extreme conditions so it can be cultivated in oceans and lakes all over the world. Appearing almost 3.6 billion years ago, it is one of the planets oldest inhabitants. Once it is harvested, spirulina is processed at a very low heat which ensures all its nutrients are retained and ground into a powder form. It then gets cold compressed into our Spirulina Tablets for a convenient way to incorporate spirulina into your diet. Organically grown spirulina is less susceptible to contaminations of heavy metals and toxins that are often found in natural water. Our Spirulina Tablets have been certified by the Irish Organic Association and the European Union organic policy so you know it is 100% organic and sourced with respect for nature.
Spirulina has been used as a food source for centuries. Use of it dates back to the 16th century when it was discovered that the Aztecs harvested it from Lake Texcoco in Mexico and used it as a daily food source due to its abundance and its high nutrition content. Centuries later historians discovered that tribes harvested it from Lake Chad in Africa. The Kanembu tribe harvested spirulina and made a dried puree to be used to bake cakes, make broths for meals, and to be sold in markets. In the 1980s, NASA proposed that it could even be grown in space for astronauts to use. However, at the moment the largest concentrations of spirulina can be found on earth in Lake Texcoco, Lake Chad, as well as the Great Rift Valley in east Africa.
Spirulina Tablets Benefits
Spirulina is one of the world’s oldest and most potent natural superfoods. Here are some of its most important and well-known benefits:
- It is a powerhouse of protein packed full of potassium and other trace minerals. Spirulina is brim full of B complex vitamins as well as vitamins A, C, D, and E. Its concentrated nutritional value means it is a richer form of nutrients than most vegetables. Due to its high content of nutrient properties, it is an excellent supplement for vegetarians and/or vegans.
- It may improve muscle strength and endurance. Spirulina is regarded as an effective anti-inflammatory which can prevent oxidative damage. Muscle oxidation can often lead to injury during intensive exercise. Studies have also been shown that regular ingestion of spirulina significantly increased the time it took people to become fatigued, so it enhances endurance.
- Spirulina has been shown to alleviate allergy symptoms such as sneezing, a runny nose, or a blocked nose by relieving nasal inflammation and reducing histamine in the body.
- Spirulina is known to boost and regulate the immune system including improving kidney function, liver function, and treating malnutrition.
- Spirulina has been seen to boost the metabolism and has been recorded to make the body feel for energetic.
- It may help to reduce blood pressure. The theory behind this is that spirulina helps to increase the production of nitric oxide, a molecule produced naturally by your body that helps your blood vessels relax and dilate.
- Regular intake of spirulina may help to lower cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease. Studies have shown that spirulina has anti-atherogenic properties which help to prevent a build-up of fatty deposits in the arteries. These properties help to lower LDL and increase HDL cholesterol. LDL (low-density lipoproteins) are the “bad” cholesterol that cause a build-up of cholesterol in your arteries while HDL (high-density lipoproteins) are the “good” cholesterol that carry cholesterol from your body to your liver that then removes the cholesterol from your body. Spirulina has also been shown to protect LDL cholesterol from oxidative damage (also known as lipid peroxidation) which is one of the critical steps in developing a heart disease.
- Spirulina may contribute to diabetes management. Studies have shown spirulina to be effective in controlling blood sugar levels and improving the lipid profile of those tested who has type 2 diabetes.
- It may also help with anaemia as it has shown to aid the development of the haemoglobin levels in red blood cells
- It can support mental health. Researchers have found that spirulina is a source of an amino acid called tryptophan. Tryptophan supports the production of serotonin in the body. Serotonin plays a vital role in mental health and many people who suffer from depression and anxiety may have reduced levels of serotonin.
- Spirulina has shown antitoxic properties that have the potential to treat poisoning caused by contaminate drinking water.
How to use Spirulina Tablets
Taking Spirulina in tablet form is an effective and convenient way of building it into your daily routine. As with all natural foods, it is best to slowly introduce them into your diet and working up to the recommended dosage.
We recommend taking 2-3 tablets, 3 times a day, and 30 minutes before eating. You shouldn’t exceed 6-10 tablets daily. The best way to consume the Spirulina Tablets is to swallow them with a glass of water, juice, or a smoothie.
If you prefer a powder supplement that can be diluted or mixed into food, you can find our Spirulina Powder here!
Spirulina Tablets Nutritional Information (Per 100g)
||309Kcal / 1294Kj
|– of which sugars
|– of which saturates
||13mg (108% RDA*)
||4.4mg (400% RDA*)
||6.9mg (493% RDA*)
||82.7mg (591% RDA*)
||270 mg (34% RDA*)
||3.3mg (33% RDA*)
*Recommended Daily Allowance
Our Spirulina Tablets contain 100% Organic Spirulina, certified by the Irish Organic Association and the European Union organic policy. It is sourced with respect for nature and is suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- This product may contain a trace of nuts.
- Spirulina is not recommended to be consumed by anyone with phenylketonuria, or an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or multiple sclerosis.
- As with all types of supplements, you should always check with your GP if you are taking prescription medication, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.